Ex-SMRT CEO Saw: I was quoted out of context by ST reporters

isaw-isphy.com, 1 Jun 2012
A couple of articles in The Straits Times (ST) reported several incomplete statements from me. I weighed on whether I should react about these incorrect reporting, as erroneous statements give cause to wrong impressions. I recalled how an uncorrected statement could be repeated so many times in the media that it was taken as truth. I almost tremble every time the infamous statement is repeated in the press especially after the December incidents, to portray my lack of empathy to crowded trains and squeezed passengers saying ‘trains are not crowded, you can get on if you want.’
This “infamous statement” I had earlier explained in my blog that this comment was made several years ago, reported correctly but out of context. This comment was an answer to a journalist who asked, why was the train so crowded that she couldn’t board at 9am. Full story